It's becoming a common thing for me to start journals by explaining why I've been gone for so long, huh? Life is just very busy for me at the moment. And to be honest, I've only had the chance to start drawing again a couple of days ago. It sucks that there's so much I want to draw, but so little free time to do it in. I've got some free time now because I'm pretty much up to date with my college work (still one assignment to complete for now), and Review Week is going on, which means I don't have to be in this week. And since we're not in for lessons, I can't be set any new work! Mwahaha!! Oh, and on the topic of college, guess what website I can't access there anymore? This one, of course.
So what have I been doing with myself in the time that I was gone? Well...
- Experimental 3D work in Sculptris. It's a cool piece of software, and best of all, it's free! Hopefully, I'll make something half decent that's worth showing sometime. I say go try it out!
- Reading manga and watching anime. Unfortunately, my college timetable is such that I have 2 hour lunch breaks between my lessons on all three days that I am in, and many websites are now blocked...so me and my friends use the opportunity (when we've not got work to do, of course) to read manga and watch anime. I'm finally up to date with several series, started some I've always wanted to try, and discovered some cool new ones!
- Playing The Last of Us coz I have a PS3 now!!! A friend from college kindly let me borrow this game, and I finished it yesterday. I must say that its story is incredible!
- Messing around with UTAU. For those of you that don't know, UTAU is similar to Vocaloid, but free. I persevered and managed to create my first UST with Teto. I may be brave and upload my work to YouTube at some point!
- University stuff. A friend from college and I went to a Uni open day. Whilst I wasn't too keen on the idea of Uni before, taking a look around and seeing the sorts of work students produce at Uni has made me realise that I need to go to Uni. There's so much I want to learn there!
...That's all I can think of right now!
Oh, and I must say, WHAT ON EARTH HAS HAPPENED TO THIS SITE IN THE TIME THAT I WAS GONE?!!! I'm not a Facebook user, so I don't really know much about it, but isn't dA becoming more and more like Facebook?!! Thank you very much for all the comments and notes you lovely people left for me whilst I was gone. It means a lot to me that, even though I practically disappeared for a couple of months, you still care about me. Whilst I can't promise that I'll ever be as active as I once was, I will still do my best to make art that you will enjoy.
See you all soon!!